DesignPhiladelphia's Old City Windows 2011

This year I moved to the Professional Category, so a little (tons) pressure. I was looking forward to a partnership but unfortunately things didn't work out. So I do thank my studio and artist assistants -- Ebony and Troy -- you both were of tremendous help this year.

I got a chance to use some DIY projects that have inspired in the past year with using contact paper for these window graphics...a lot of figuring out and elbow grease to get these results. Since this chartreuse green cannot be found off the shelf, a mix of green, yellow, and white acrylic paints were mixed, and rolled onto each cut piece. Each piece was calculated and then cut to size to create the slick iPad/iPhone look to showcase the various pieces found at Mr. Barstool (2nd and Race Streets). It's great, because on my way to work in Camden I get a chance to see the windows.

The concept board and sketch of the window design, and the finished product. I need to take some new pictures of the window, since 1) the white backdrop was installed after these pictures were taken, and 2) the chairs have been swapped out.

Enjoy!








The white backdrop helped make the chairs float, so we added it to the rest of the windows after these photos were taken.




Say Hello

Name

Email *

Message *

visitors