Spice Travels

So I have been sitting on this project for awhile after being inspired from a Fab.com Foodie Sale from PLANT Design Studio in Brooklyn for months now. With my travels to friends and enjoying and sharing those culinary adventures with them I figured, "I could totally do this!" So I have...

Inspiration: 
PLANT Design Studio's The Mobile Foodie Survival Kit

What I did:

Ah cha cha!
Since I saw PLANT Design Studio's The Mobile Foodie Survival Kit I started racking my brain on how I can make this and what to use for containers, so I started looking for clear pill containers that you found at drug stores. But unfortunately I don't enjoy the multi-colored pill containers, although better utilized to identify the days of the week. Not exactly the function I needed, but I understood its purpose. So I continued the hunt and the brainstorming. I shared this project with a friend and co-worker of mine, and I brought on some company to be on the hunt with me for these containers. One day when she was off she told me about these bead containers she found. When I finally got around to purchasing them, they came home and it was just a matter of adding spices. All the spices I have are from the famous Reading Terminal Market at the Spice Terminal, and now I can share my spice drawer at home whenever we travel!

Cleaned out each container, and brought out select spices
(that may not be found on the regular in homes, unless you're a foodie)

These two sets of five containers cost $3-$4 each, and filled with locally bought spices.

List of spices from the top-down:
Thyme
Bay Leaves
Yellow Mustard
Mustard Seed
Curry
Cumin
Paprika
Chili Powder
Allspice
Black Peppercorn

Say Hello

Name

Email *

Message *

visitors