Cinnamon Rolls - Take 2

Great success!
It was cold and rainy/snowy today so I thought I would attempt cinnamon rolls a second time, and this attempt definitely turned out to be much better. I used a half recipe from the Valley Ridge Recipes blog, and due to its success I can now begin to make my changes.

Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
1 3/8 c. warm water
2/8 c. sugar
1/4 c. oil (I used olive oil)
3 T. yeast 

Then add:
1/2 T. salt
1 1/2 eggs (I picked the 2 smallest eggs in our dozen of large eggs)
5 1/4 c. flour

Cinnamon-Sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 T. cinnamon



Mixed dough mix by hand for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes covered. 



Oil a clean surface, dump out dough, spreading it evenly into rectangle. Spread ¼ c. melted butter with a brush, and then spread by hand the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Next time I'm going to integrate a smaller batch in the dough as well. Roll up slowly and cut the cinnamon roll log. 


Grease the baking shallow baking pan, then place parchment paper, and grease. Let them sit and rise for a bit. 


Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees. If your oven bakes unevenly, consider rotating the pan so that it evenly browns on top.


Frosting

1/2 cube butter (1 cube = 2 T)
1 dash salt (approx. 1/8 t)
1 t. vanilla
3 c. powdered sugar
milk (as you see fit, and desired consistency)



Once you take them out of the oven, let it cool for wee bit before icing. Just slather on the icing. Then grab yourself your favorite beverage. Tonight I had Trickling Spring Creamery Chocolate Milk, delicious.

Say Hello

Name

Email *

Message *

visitors