It's All About Windows!

It was unfortunate that Old City did not have their annual Old City Windows Competition (it would have been my fourth year to participate), but good at the same time the wedding was  abound. So it was really more bittersweet, especially thinking that I wouldn't get my window design/display fix for the year. Fear not! I was actually asked last summer to be a design consultant for a window display project through the rStore project with the Community Design Collaborative and the Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises (HACE). I was so honored to be asked, apparently I was considered an expert it window design! I was definitely able to lend insight on the logistical and technique aspect of putting the design in/on the window. Having done the Old City Windows competition with a limited budget you definitely know how to create BIG IMPACT on a LOW BUDGET--which is exactly what these organizations were looking to do.

After much trial and rare availability this project was extended into the winter, and finally the build is happening! On Monday in fact. Due to the extension and this, and that. I became one of three designers putting together a window display. Not that I mind actually doing the project, I thought at first that's why I was asked. So I do get to have my window display fix, and I wanted to share with you the process. It's great having done this before, some of my previous boards became examples to show to the HACE businesses at our kick-off, as well as a template to get me started. Some of the techniques that I have learned in the past few years were also helpful in sharing execution plans for all the designs. Thank you contact paper!

Client: Pichardo's Beauty Salon and Spa
Wants: Be able to see through the window to the sidewalk and ensure children cannot meddle with the design when it is put up. The waiting area is the space closest to the window.

Round 1
The bottom right example/inspiration is my Old City Windows 2010 Entry at J. Karma.
Concept 01


Concept 02

Concept 03

After meeting with the client, and hearing their feedback. The re-designs.

Concept 03, Take 2
Concept 04, Take 2
The client decided on this design with Option 1 and Option B.
Unfortunately, due to time constraints of the business owner this window display did not come to fruition.

Say Hello

Name

Email *

Message *

visitors